Sharing the love of Christ with all
Welcome to the Rutland Water Benefice, comprising the parishes of Edith Weston, Empingham, Lyndon, Manton, North Luffenham, Pilton, Preston, Ridlington, Whitwell and Wing. Each church has a regular pattern of worship.
Find out more about:
- the parishes - our Churchwardens contact details are listed within their specific parish page
- the parishes Service Rota for Sunday Worship together with pew notes
- what's going on this week - scroll towards the bottom of this page, or check the calendar for forthcoming events
- Celebrations for special events such as Confirmation and celebrations that commemorated HM the Queen's 90th Birthday
- the tenor bell tolls 100 times - as an act of commemoration, at 7.30am on 1st July 2016, one half-muffled tenor bell tolled 100 times at St John the Baptist Church.
- Icthus Groups is announced
- We will remember them - as part of Remembrance Services around our Benefice
- Burials and Graveyard for North Luffenham, which includes Churchyard Regulations
If you are a visitor to any of our churches please make yourselves known to the Churchwardens when you arrive. They would be very pleased to meet you and help if they are able to. Churchwardens details are located within the relevant parishes 'New to ... ' section. Alternatively, you may prefer to contact us before your visit.
A monthly parish magazine, the Rutland Water Benefice Magazine (pdf), is distributed free of charge to every home in the Benefice. This is made possible by the generous support of the advertisers and our team of volunteer distributors.
There are Primary schools in Empingham, Edith Weston and North Luffenham. All have received favourable OFSTED reports and the dedicated staff foster a vibrant and stimulating environment in these rural schools.