Sharing the love of Christ with all
Latest news updated: 24th March 2020
Dear visitors, in light of the Government guidance relating to COVID-19 around non-essential contact, the Archbishops of Canterbury and York have issued advice that public worship is suspended. Church buildings within the Rutland Water Benefice will be closed until further notice.
Whilst meeting up is not possible, we are all encouraged to care for those around us and embrace imaginative initiatives to enable us to keep in contact with one another during these unprecedented times.
Welcome to the Rutland Water Benefice, comprising the parishes of Edith Weston, Empingham, Lyndon, Manton, North Luffenham, Pilton, Preston, Ridlington, Whitwell and Wing. Each church usually has a regular pattern of worship.
During these difficult times however we are exploring different ways to stay in touch and a brief overview of these are listed below. The web administrator would love to hear from you if you have other ideas you think might be helpful to share with others.
- News - a regular update on what's been going on around the Benefice
- Worship - options to join in worship at home
Other resources that may be useful for folks within the Rutland Water Benefice:
- Covid19 Rutland GP Services - significant changes as at 23.03.2020 in order to reduce infection risk to patients
- Uppingham Surgery prescription collection
- To help folks having to stay home, a number of companies have made stuff free that you normally pay for, both for kids and grown-ups (provided by Martin Lewis Money Saving Expert).
Find out more about:
- Our Ministry Team
- the parishes - our Churchwardens contact details are listed within their specific parish page
- the parishes Worship and News gives an overview of recent news and events
- Burials and Graveyard for North Luffenham, which includes Churchyard Regulations
- Safeguarding contact details
- Rutland Bellringers Newsletter (pdf). You can find out more about bellinging on their website at Learn the Ropes!
When our church buildings re-open and services resume, if you decide to visit, please make yourselves known to the Churchwardens when you arrive. They would be very pleased to meet you and help if they are able to. Churchwardens details are located within the relevant parishes 'New to ... ' section. Alternatively, you may prefer to contact us before your visit.
A monthly parishes magazine, Rutland Water Benefice Magazine (pdf) is distributed free of charge to every home in the Benefice. This is made possible by the generous support of the advertisers and our team of volunteer distributors.
Advertising in the Magazine
Visit the Parishes Magazine for information including costs of placing an advert.
There are Primary schools in Empingham, Edith Weston and North Luffenham. All have received favourable OFSTED reports and the dedicated staff foster a vibrant and stimulating environment in these rural schools.